We seem to be doing a dance between summer and fall these days.
My flip flops aren’t quite weather appropriate any more, but neither are my UGGs.
We seem to have entered into a cusp. (By the way, yours truly is a cusp! I was born on the Libra-Scorpio cusp (the “Cusp of Drama and Criticism” — read into that how you will…).
Enjoy this week’s High Fives. I’m finding them well-suited for these cusp days.
- Pasta Puttanesca. Make this with a fresh tomato sauce rather than jarred for a summery spin on this staple pantry meal.
- Brazilian Fish Stew (aka Moqueca). Moqueca will forever remind me of sultry summer evenings in NY…walking past my favorite weeping willow in the East Village, arriving at Esperanto, and ordering a killer Caipirinha and Moqueca Bahiana.
- Lobster Macaroni and Cheese. Lobster screams summer, Mac and Cheese screams warm, creamy, cheesy, comfort. Yes and yes.
- Farro Risotto with Corn and Tomatoes. I’m intrigued…can’t wait to try this risotto-preparation of farro. Sounds like a wonderful way to ease into Fall.
- TREAT YO SELF: Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream. Shut the front door. This is like the epitome of a perfect cusp dessert. And it has Biscoff cookie crumbles on top. Done.
P.S. This is my 400th post on LMS! Hooray!! Hm…that probably means you should TREAT YO SELF EXTRA today.