Ahhh, do you smell that? Green grass, fresh air, smoky charcoal puffing gently into the air. The season of BBQs is officially upon us.
At your next open grill fest, whip up these Banana Boats
and polish off your barbecue on a sweet note.
This no-fuss dessert is pure genius, and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. I owe this party trick recipe to Bartender Bill
, who taught me how to make this ooey gooey and absurdly easy treat. Amazing what a gal can learn at the bar.
As featured in Bay Area Bites, May 27, 2009.
Whip up these Banana Boats at your next barbecue or camping trip for an ooey gooey and absurdly easy treat.
- Bananas (As many as you need. Estimate 1 per person. Once they taste it, no one will want to share.)
- Chocolate chips, butterscotch, peanut butter chips, mini marshmallows, sweetened coconut (or whatever other toppings you fancy)
- Choose your bananas. I personally like mine ripened until perfectly spotted. I think they are sweeter this way.
- Slit the bananas lengthwise.
- Stuff them with any combination of toppings you desire. I am a big fan of dark chocolate and butterscotch.
- Wrap the 'nanas in foil and place on the grill. Grill with the cover on until toppings get melty and delicious.
- Eat with a spoon. (Insanely good over ice cream).
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
This recipe is brought to you by LICK MY SPOON