As featured in Bay Area Bites, May 27, 2009.
Ahhh, do you smell that? Green grass, fresh air, smoky charcoal puffing gently into the air. The season of BBQs is officially upon us.
At your next open grill fest, whip up these Banana Boats and polish off your barbecue on a sweet note.
This no-fuss dessert is pure genius, and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. I owe this party trick recipe to Bartender Bill from Orson, who taught me how to make this ooey gooey and absurdly easy treat. Amazing what a gal can learn at the bar.
Whip up these Banana Boats at your next barbecue or camping trip for an ooey gooey and absurdly easy treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Choose your bananas. I personally like mine ripened until perfectly spotted. I think they are sweeter this way.
- Slit the bananas lengthwise.
- Stuff them with any combination of toppings you desire. I am a big fan of dark chocolate and butterscotch.
- Wrap the \'nanas in foil and place on the grill. Grill with the cover on until toppings get melty and delicious.
- Eat with a spoon. (Insanely good over ice cream).