If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you could turn this into a smoothie version using frozen pineapple. Either way, whip this frosty treat up in no time, close your eyes, and pretend there are palm trees swaying overhead. Enjoy the sunshine!
This frozen tropical treat is pretty magical -- only 4 ingredients, stupid easy to make, and non-dairy! Whip it up in no time, close your eyes, and pretend there are palm trees swaying overhead.
- 1 large pineapple (about 4.5 lbs), peeled, cored and sliced (If you’re buying pre-cut pineapple, it will be significantly less weight)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (I like Chaokoh brand, or Trader Joe's coconut cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey is really lovely if you are not strictly vegan)
- Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Turn on and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. You'll know it's ready when all the ice cream clumps in the center and the scraper is no longer scraping anything off the sides of the bowl (usually takes my machine about 20 minutes).
- Remove frozen ice cream. Serve immediately (nothing beats the texture of made-to-order ice cream) or place in a freezer proof container and serve when ready.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!