Chunky clusters of granola, full of roasted coconut chips, almond slivers, and buttery cashews...so good, you’ll be snacking on this well past breakfast.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, warmed
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup coconut chips (one 2 oz. bag of Trader Joe’s Roasted Coconut Chips)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Pour this over the oat mixture. Mix together by hand, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk up the egg whites to soft peaks, and fold them into the granola.
- Spread granola on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir, rotate the pan, and bake for another 15 minutes or so, until your granola is toasted golden.
- Scatter the coconut chips on top, and allow the granola to cool completely before breaking it up and transferring to an air-tight container. Letting the granola cool completely before touching it is important (it helps keep the clusters chunky), so paws off!
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!