It’s about time I brought back High Five Fridays! This edition is all about brunch and we’re celebrating with dishes fit for an Easter celebration – or any celebration for that matter! A celebration of spring, and sunshine, and you! So hop to it! These are five recipes you’ll adore:
- Deviled Eggs with Quick Pickled Asparagus. Deviled eggs are so retro chic these days. I just love the combination with the pickled asparagus and dill here.
- Kouign Amann. This is kouign amann, the easy and fast way. If they are even a fraction as good as they look, I’m in trouble. And if you’ve never heard of these flaky, buttery, caramelized sugary bombs of delicious, well, you are in for a treat.
- Poached Eggs Recipe in Tomato Sauce on Toast. Soft baked eggs in a rich tomato sauce. Brunch perfection.
- Asparagus Salad with Eggs Mimosa. Not to be confused with mimosa the bubbly beverage, eggs mimosa is actually a garnish of finely chopped hard boiled eggs (aka a brilliant way to use up some of those Easter eggs!). This fresh asparagus salad is a springtime staple.
- TREAT YO SELF: The BEST Carrot Cake. This one goes out to you, Easter Bunny. You’ve earned it.