Tacos. They are the perfect blank canvas for wherever your creativity (and pantry) takes you. Fill them with slow cooked brisket, carnitas, quick grilled shrimp, fresh fish, or roasted veggies. Use crispy shells, or grilled soft shells. Pile them high with all the fixins, or keep them pure and simple. Get creative with salsa and sauces. The possibilities are endless! The best part is they make a great weeknight meal, and are prime for feeding a group. Whether you’re getting ready for some Cinco de Mayo festivities or just brushing up on your Taco Tuesday game, these taco recipes will be sure to hit the spot.
- Shrimp Tacos. Fresh shrimp marinated in a chili pepper dry rub, and topped with avocado, chipotle cream, and pickled red onions – these tacos are hitting all the right notes!
- Shiner Bock Steak Tacos with Chipotle Avocado Slaw. Big and bold. This is how Texas does tacos – fills them with juicy, fat slices of steak that have been marinated in beer and bold spices.
- Breakfast Tacos. Love me a breakfast taco! Eggs are the answer to everything.
- Bacon Bean Avocado Salad Tostadas. Ok, so maybe technically this is a tostada and not a taco, but I’m counting it because it’s made with corn tortillas! This is a favorite from Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger…so you can consider it a top taco from top chefs.
- TREAT YO SELF: Fresh Strawberry Margaritas. Because duh, you need something amazing to wash all those tacos down! This fresh strawberry marg is calling my name.