A bowl of guacamole brings the party. That is a fact.
Luscious, creamy avocados, sweet tomato, a squirt of lime, and crunchy tortilla chips…all I need is a cold Corona, a gabfest with my girls, and that’s what I call a great night.
Speaking of avocados and estrogen-charged gabfests, the inspiration for this guacamole remix comes from a dinner I attended while at EVO a few weeks back. It was hosted by California Avocados, with special guests, Top Chef Masters Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger.
In true Top Chef form, Mary Sue and Susan turned the quick-fire on us, challenging us to come up with a winning guacamole recipe using the ingredients on hand…in 10 minutes.
There was tropical guac, Italian guac, 4-am-hangover-cure guac…the one that caught my fancy though, was a Cobb Salad take on guac. What a great idea! The concept and a great name have stuck in my brain since that night, so I decided to run with it. Presenting…
The Avo-Cobb-O is like a Cobb Salad…err…minus the salad…
…plus the chips.
The beauty of cooking with new people is that you learn all sorts of fun tricks and try things you’d never have thought of on your own.
- PIT & PEEL YOUR AVOCADOS the safe/easy/fast way.
- Mix in a bit of SOUR CREAM when you mash the avocados. Mmm, creamy!
- Stir in some CRUSHED TORTILLA CHIPS for unexpected, awesome texture. (Brilliant move on that one, Rachel.)
Once you’ve got your guac base down (avocados, lime, sour cream, crushed chips), the rest is all about presentation. Channel the Cobb. Evoke the Cobb. Bring on the BACON.
And PUT AN EGG ON IT!
Guacamole like you've never had it before. The Avo-Cobb-O is like a Cobb Salad”¦minus the salad”¦plus the chips.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Tortilla chips
- Fried eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the pit and peel of the avocados. Dice half of an avocado and set aside for garnishing.
- Mash up the rest. Mix in the sour cream, lime juice and zest, a handful of crushed tortilla chips, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon it all into your presentation bowl.
- On top of the guacamole, layer on the diced avocado, chopped tomato, bacon bits, cheddar, cilantro, and another handful of crushed tortilla chips (creating a striped pattern).
- Serve with fried eggs and tortilla chips. (Or toss it all into a flour tortilla and call it the best breakfast burrito ever.)
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!