Juicy, tender, sweet and savory, stick-to-your-ribs ribs.
My big brother makes his own 15 ingredient spice rub. It is so good, even airport security thinks it must have drugs in it. They are probably right, the stuff is pretty addictive. To my chagrin, my bro won't give me the recipe, but I manage to pry some answers out of him.
An updated take on this classic chicken dish, you fall in love with the sweet, salty, subtly smoky combination of prunes, olives, and capers all over again with this skillet version.
I join Charcutepalooza this month in their meat grinding challenge, and made tangy, smoky, sweet, spicy chorizo sausage patties using a food processor.
Polenta. It’s rich, creamy, warm, and comforting, and the perfect blank canvas to work with. Here I've paired butternut squash polenta with saucy, tangy pulled pork. For leftovers, we have pretty polenta cakes topped with a roasted veggie spread.
Inspiration for this comfort meal: Marcela Hazan’s much-touted recipe for Tomato Sauce with Butter and Onion, meatball recipe combining the secrets of more than one Italian nonna, and a craving for The Godfather.
2 pounds of bacon, 4 pounds of sausage, 6 pounds of ground beef -- and that’s only the beginning.
Gong Hay Fat Choy! Get ready for a New Year feast:
1) Lychee Bellinis (lychee = close family ties)
2) Jiao Zi (dumplings = prosperity)
3) Scallion Pancakes
4) Mini BBQ Spare Ribs (red for good luck!)
5) My Mom’s Lo Mein (noodles = a long life)
6) Whole White Chicken with Ginger & Scallion (white chicken = happiness & purity, and family as well if it’s served whole)
7) Mushrooms and Black Moss Seaweed (Moss Seaweed = prosperity)
8) Ginger and Scallion Steamed Whole Fish (whole fish = an abundance of good luck)
9) Caramel Oranges (oranges = wealth)
11) Tray of Togetherness (sweets = good luck)
For a DIY recipe for Bun Cha Hanoi, Grilled Pork and Rice Vermicelli Lettuce Wraps, filled with delicious, fatty pork shoulder, fish sauce, garlic and grated onion.