High Five Fridays: Oh Baby I Like It Rawfeatured
Shimmy Shimmy Ya. We’re giving the oven a break this week and going raw, fresh, and healthy. Raw doesn’t have to mean boring, oh no no it doesn’t. Play with texture, add some bright citrus, or unexpected spicing to heat things up.
What are some of your favorite craveable summer salad go tos? Easy, no bake apps for entertaining? Or cool desserts?
Here’s some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing:
- Pistachio Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles + Cherries. Totally in love with this flavor combo of pistachio pesto and dark, sweet cherries…and don’t even get me started on the zoodles. On board the zoodle train, hardcore.
- Chili Lime Cucumber Noodles on Salted Watermelon w/ mint + basil. Speaking of veggies in noodle-y form, these cucumber noodles (coodles?) sound like the height of refreshment. A little heat, a little acid, a healthy dose of fresh herbs, and this is summer perfection. And watermelon! Serious summer perfection.
- Two-Bean and Tuna Salad. I’ve already made this salad twice this week, it’s so satisfying, filling, and quick to throw together. Winner winner bean and tuna salad dinner!
- Crushed Fig and Prosciutto Crostini. Figs are like ripe, enticing jewels in the summertime. Pair them with paper thin ribbons of prosciutto that melt in your mouth and you’ve got a grand slam.
- TREAT YO SELF: 3-Ingredient Watermelon Granita. The only thing better than a big fat juicy watermelon is a big fat juicy watermelon full of watermelon granita. This recipe brings me right back to that summer we spent in Italy. One magical night in the middle of the wild south of Italy, we were served the most incredible watermelon granita – it was so full of watermelon-ness, in all its sweet and refreshing glory. It was like everything you ever loved about watermelon, concentrated into one perfect scoop. I love the simplicity of this 3-ingredient recipe. Eat it and pretend like you’re in Italy. P.S. How beyond cute is this presentation? Loves it.
(Photo Credit: Amy Allen Clark, Mom Advice)