High Five Fridays: Weekly Meal Plan (10.19.12), Run to Eatfeatured
So, remember when my dear husband signed me up for a half marathon? Yep. I was notified via Google calendar invite that I would be running 13 miles in the near future. Umm…
I hate running, but I do love that awesome after glow. And I love feeling like I’ve earned my meals for the day. I haven’t been as on top of my training as I should be, but this past week it’s been put into high gear since the big race is in two short weeks. (Note the self: bring cash in case I need to catch a cab home mid-race). Basically, I’ve been training out of fear at this point.
At least SF is so darn gorgeous…running isn’t soooo painful when you have some beautiful scenery to enjoy.
Have a beautiful weekend, friends! I’ll be spending part of it cranking out a 9-miler. Giddyup.
This Week’s High Fives:
- Honeycrisp Harvest Melt. Grilled cheese with extra-sharp cheddar, honeycrisp apple, and sage butter on ginger-molasses bread. Give me now.
- Sweet Potato and Ricotta Gnocchi with Buttermilk Mornay, Fresh Figs, and Pancetta. I die. Beth, can we be friends so you can make this for me?
- Chicken Broccoli Cobbler. Love the sound of this savory cobbler. Really, anything that involves a cheddar biscuit is ace in my book.
- Maiale in Agrodolce. Pork chops go Italian in this honey and balsamic vinegar glazed beauty.
- TREAT YO SELF: Butterfinger Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars. I run so I can eat ridiculous things like this.