These Chinese New Year recipes will have you starting the Year of the Snake off to a sssensational sssstart!
Chinese New Year celebrations come to a close soon, and with that, so does my dumpling stash. Resembling little purses stuffed with riches, it is tradition to eat plenty of dumplings during this time because they symbolize prosperity.
Treat your chicken to a ginger/salt Jacuzzi bath and a sesame oil massage, and you will have one juicy, tender, tasty bird.
Gong Hay Fat Choy! Get ready for a New Year feast:
1) Lychee Bellinis (lychee = close family ties)
2) Jiao Zi (dumplings = prosperity)
3) Scallion Pancakes
4) Mini BBQ Spare Ribs (red for good luck!)
5) My Mom’s Lo Mein (noodles = a long life)
6) Whole White Chicken with Ginger & Scallion (white chicken = happiness & purity, and family as well if it’s served whole)
7) Mushrooms and Black Moss Seaweed (Moss Seaweed = prosperity)
8) Ginger and Scallion Steamed Whole Fish (whole fish = an abundance of good luck)
9) Caramel Oranges (oranges = wealth)
11) Tray of Togetherness (sweets = good luck)