Bringing back the punch. You're in for a treat if you haven't tried it since a middle school dance...or out of a trash can at a frat house. Just sayin.
February 14, 2010. Doily valentines and sugar-coated smooches, step aside and make room for the Tiger. Rawrrr. And his massive appetite. A look into some Chinese New Year dishes that will bring good luck and prosperity into the new year.
Tastes just like Bailey’s! Except betterâ€¦because you can adjust the booziness ;)
Gong Hay Fat Choy! Get ready for a New Year feast:
1) Lychee Bellinis (lychee = close family ties)
2) Jiao Zi (dumplings = prosperity)
3) Scallion Pancakes
4) Mini BBQ Spare Ribs (red for good luck!)
5) My Mom’s Lo Mein (noodles = a long life)
6) Whole White Chicken with Ginger & Scallion (white chicken = happiness & purity, and family as well if it’s served whole)
7) Mushrooms and Black Moss Seaweed (Moss Seaweed = prosperity)
8) Ginger and Scallion Steamed Whole Fish (whole fish = an abundance of good luck)
9) Caramel Oranges (oranges = wealth)
11) Tray of Togetherness (sweets = good luck)
I recently saw a jar of Chocolate Malt Ovaltine in the supermarket and was reminded of the delicious banana chocolate milkshakes I used to make after school. The chocolate malt and banana is a classic combo that will always satisfy my sweet tooth.