Liquid Luck of the Irish! My favorite kind.
I was delighted to come across this recipe for Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur a few weeks ago at The Hungry Mouse and knew it would come in handy for St. Paddy’s Day.
It really tastes just like Bailey’s! Except better…because you can adjust the booziness 😉
The recipe is incredibly easy – pretty much toss everything into a blender, top with whiskey, and blend again.
I’ve seen a few recipes without the raw eggs, but the eggs do add extra froth.
Bottle it up and it’s good for up to a month in your fridge. Just shake it up before using if it separates, and make sure it doesn’t smell funky if it’s approaching the month expiration. With all the things you can do with it, it shouldn’t last very long – on the rocks, milkshakes, Irish coffee…how do you like your Irish Cream?
Happy St.Paddy’s Day, everyone!
Recipe from The Hungry Mouse
- 200 ml. Jameson's Irish whiskey
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Blend all the ingredients, except the whiskey, first. Then add the whiskey and blend again until thick and frothy.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a month. (Shake well before serving).
- Contains raw eggs.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!