In the DIY (and cost-saving) spirit of this holiday season, I’ve put together an ultimate list of delicious holiday food gifts.
When it comes to gift-giving, it all comes down to thoughtfulness. What I love about homemade edible gifts is I can often put together a number of gifts in one go and have them on hand for unexpected hostess gifts, friends dropping by, doormen, mailmen, delivery men…you get the idea. Be generous with your holiday joy.
I have a girlfriend who just has the most amazing eye for details and design. What I’ve learned from her is to think in themes. For example, gift a beautiful pie plate with a pie already in it. Or how about a jar of homemade granola packaged with a set of pretty bowls? I adore this idea of giving a gift themed around a specific cookbook.
And don’t forget about the presentation. Here are some clever, creative, pretty packaging ideas I’ve come across.
Are you inspired? What are some of your favorite homemade gifts to give?
DELICIOUS THINGS IN JARS
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade
- Christmas Cookie Jars
- Classic Granola
- Savory Granola – The Kitchn
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Nutella – Danielle @ Beyond the Plate
- Cardamom Pear Butter – Tracy @ Shutterbean
- Lemon Curd
- Pesto – Heidi @ 101 Cookbooks
- Balsamic Glaze – Eat Boutique
- Vanilla Extract – Culinate
- Brown Sugar and Thyme Roasted Pecans
- Ina Garten’s Chipotle & Rosemary Spiced Nuts – via The Kitchn
- Baked Spiced “Corn Nuts” – Kasey @ Turntable Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Popcorn Clusters – Food Network
- Chocolate Almond Toffee – via Rachael @ La Fuji Mama
- Peppermint Marshmallows – Jun @ Jun-blog
- Four Layer Cookies â€˜n Cream Chocolate Bark – Jessica @ How Sweet It Is
- Swirled Candy Cane Chocolate Bark – Kris @ Munchin With Munchkin
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Bark – Kim @ The Moonlight Baker
- Earl Grey Tea Infused Truffles – Martha Stewart
- Bourbon Pecan Truffles – Martha Stewart
- Fig and Ginger Truffles – Ellie Krieger
- Peanut Butter Fudge – Bakerella
- Cranberry-Pistachio Torrone – Shauna @ Piece of Cake
- Eggnog Bread – Lori @ Recipe Girl
- Black Sticky Gingerbread – via Heidi @ 101 Cookbooks
- Congo Bars – Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker
HOT & STEAMY BEVERAGES
- Mulling Sachets – Martha Stewart
- Malted Hot Cocoa – The Kitchn
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Make and Takes
- Chai Tea Mix – The Kitchn
- Bellini Kit: Champagne & Fruit Purees – Giada De Laurentiis
- Homemade Cocktail Mixers – Martha Stewart
- Vin d’Oranges – Like to Cook
- Crema de Limoncello – Garrett @ Vanilla Garlic
- Irish Cream via Jessie @ The Hungry Mouse
- Homemade Kahlua – Yum Sugar
- Apricot Brandy – Country Living
Ready to go spread some joy?