And so easy to make. No melting chocolate, no heating milk, or double boilers. Literally, this recipe is just six ingredients blended to smooth, creamy decadence, and poured into a pretty jar. That’s it! Oh, and did I mention, it’s vegan and gluten-free? Yep, this Nutella is a winner. You will be sure to make somebody very very happy with this homemade Nutella. It’s pretty flippin amazing slathered on banana bread. A spoonful of it will transform your morning coffee into something spectacular. Yeah...you may want to make a double batch.
This decadent hazelnut chocolate spread is absurdly good, easy to make, and surprisingly not that bad for you!
- 2 cups toasted hazelnuts, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted to liquid form
- 1 cup powdered sugar (check that it's GF if that's a concern)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Blend the hazelnuts and coconut oil until they form a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue blending, scraping down the sides as necessary, until it is as smooth as possible. Note on equipment: If you have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, now is the time to use it. Otherwise, a food processor will work just fine, you may just have to scrape down the sides and process a bit longer to get the smooth consistency you want.
- Transfer your homemade bliss into an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
(Adapted from The Kitchn.)
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
- $100 credit to Sweet! Baking Supplies
- Decorating Cookies: 60+ Designs for Holidays, Celebrations & Everyday by Bridget Edwards of Bake at 350
- Focus On Food Photography for Bloggers: The Fundamentals by Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole Young
- Cookie Cravings by Maria Lichty of Two Peas and Their Pod