It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Yep, I’m one of those people who start listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. December hits and all of a sudden, all I want for breakfast is eggnog latte and gingersnaps. And, did I just impulse buy 5 boxes of candy canes? Why, yes. Yes I did. This year, the Christmas elves at Lick My Spoon have been working hard. And because I have it on good authority that you’ve all been extra nice, our annual Foodie Gift Guide is also a giveaway! So check out our goodies and do a little elfin dance. Here are this year’s picks: 1. Back to the Roots: Aquaponics Garden Back to the Roots, the same people who brought you the homegrown Mushroom Garden kit using recycled coffee grounds, just launched their latest and greatest project on Kickstarter: a beautifully simple, closed-loop ecosystem that can sit right on your kitchen counter – the Aquaponics Garden. Essentially, the kit is a self-cleaning fish tank that uses the waste from the fish as organic fertilizer for the plants above. The plants take up the nutrients, and in turn clean the water which falls back down for the fish. You get to enjoy sustainably grown fresh herbs and baby greens year round, without having to worry about watering your plants, and you get to look at pretty fish while you do it. The Aquaponics Garden raised $100,000 in just 10 days. The Kickstarter closes on Saturday Dec 15, 2:59am EST, so get it while you can!
More Foodie Holiday Gift Ideas:
***UPDATE: CONTEST IS CLOSED***
Congrats to Rachel, our lucky winner! And thanks to everyone for participating!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!
2. Harry & David: Pear Medley Gift Basket Remember when I visited Harry & David and gorged myself on sweet, juicy, perfectly ripe pears? Damn, those Royal Riviera Pears are good. Seriously, like candy. This Pear Medley Gift Basket features 7 Royal Riviera Pears (the best pears you’ll ever taste), 7 Bosc Pears (great for baking), and 7 dark chocolate truffles (super rich). This beautiful gift basket is the perfect healthy-with-a-touch-of-indulgence gift. 3. Sesame Gifts : (2) Snack Attack Boxes I had the pleasure of partnering with Sesame Gifts to create this fun collection of snacks fit for a foodie. Munch away on 479Â° Popcorn's Black Truffle + White Cheddar Popcorn, Marich Triple Chocolate Toffees, Funky Chunky Chip-Zel-Pop, Go-ggi Korean-style Beef Jerky seasoned like savory-sweet bulgogi, and a decadent Blissful Brownie. And, best of all, we’re giving away not one but two of these gift boxes, so you don’t have to feel guilty keeping one all to yourself. HO HO HO! Treat yo self. 4. The Spoon Sisters: Cheese Head Markers Never again mix up your cow’s milk cheese with your goat cheese. These adorable porcelain farm animal Cheese Head Markers will help you keep your cheeses in order all entertaining season long. 5. California Olive Ranch: EVOO Sampler For the avid cook in your life, California Olive Ranch’s liquid gold EVOO is the perfect gift. Do your own taste test across the different varietals with this 3 Bottle Sampler of fruity Arbequina, nutty and complex Arbosana, and robust Miller’s Blend, plus a bottle of the Limited Reserve made with olive fruit suspended in the oil for a burst of olive fruitiness. This special bottle is fresh off the press, quite literally. It was made just last month during the first weeks of harvest from the first cold pressings. (You don't have to win this giveaway to enjoy this special deal for LMS readers: Enter the promo code: LICKMYSPOON and receive 10% off your entire order at the California Olive Ranch Online Store. Multiple use for same customers are OK, so shop away! Deal expires 1/31/13.)
- Back to the Roots: Aquaponics Garden
- Harry & David: Pear Medley Gift Basket
- Sesame Gifts: (2) Snack Attack Boxes
- The Spoon Sisters: Cheese Head Markers
- California Olive Ranch: EVOO Sampler
- "Like" Lick My Spoon on Facebook, and share the link to this post with your FB friends. Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
- Follow @LickMySpoon, and Tweet It. Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
- Follow Lick My Spoon on Pinterest, and pin any LMS post.