I like to serve this dish with some sauteed baby bok choy and rice steamed with a beaten egg thrown in. Or, try pairing it with a salad tossed in a ginger-sesame dressing. The miso glaze is also fantastic for tofu. Prepare the dish the same way, just swapping out the fish for extra-firm tofu slices. Both versions are great for an easy, light dinner.
- 1 pound white cod fillet
- 1/2 cup light yellow or white miso (I like Westbrae Natural's Organic Mellow White Miso)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Blend miso, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in a food processor. With the machine running, gradually pour in oil; blend until mixture is smooth. (You can also do by hand using a whisk.)
- Place cod fillet on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Rub about 4 tablespoons of the miso marinade onto both sides of the fish. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Broil cod until the miso glaze starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in center, about another 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!