Summer is going by way too fast! Make it stop.
I need Evie to do that finger touch time freeze thing for me.
However, since stopping time is unlikely, the next best thing is to savor it. Stretch it out like salt water taffy. Go outside and play this weekend. There is summer fun to be had, sunshine to soak up, green fields to be frolicked in, glimmering stars to be gazed upon…
- Tomato Tarte Tatin. The summer tomatoes, the pie crust, the skillet baking…everything about this recipe makes me happy.
- Chanterelle Tacos. Simple + satisfying…this is just what summer days call for.
- Miso Glazed Cod. The perfect weeknight meal. Mental note: this would be awesome with these soba noodles.
- Chicken Pho. For everyone sweltering in summer heat right now, you are probably thinking I’m crazy for wanting pho. But for those of us experiencing a San Francisco summer (aka one that gets really chilly at night), this comforting noodle soup sounds perfect.
- TREAT YO SELF: Old Fashioned Banana Pudding Ice Cream! I’ll have a double scoop, please.