As the country gets engulfed in a massive fireball – except for San Francisco, of course, where Karl the Fog has shrouded us from the inferno – we’re going off the rails a bit for this High Five Friday and rather than your normal well-balanced meal plan, you’re getting 100% frozen treats. Because that is all anyone wants to eat right now.
It’s too hot to cook. It’s too hot to turn on that oven. Really, it’s too hot to do anything but gaze outside from an air-conditioned room with a cool treat in your hand. So here’s to keeping our cool this week:
- Frozen Key Lime Pie. Sweet, tart, refreshing, and with the consistency of soft frozen custard, this icebox key lime pie is prime for summer entertaining.
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream. A touch of balsamic vinegar brings out the sweetness of ripe strawberries. Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this treat.
- Wendy’s Copycat Frosty. Thick enough to eat with a spoon. Or dip your French fries in. Or am I the only weirdo who does this…
- Fig, Vanilla, and Sour Cream Popsicles. We all know how I feel about frozen figs, so I can’t wait to try this treat! Check out the video tutorial too. Looks super easy and beautiful too.
- TREAT YO SELF: Gin and Tonic Sorbetto. This needs to happen stat. How else is a girl supposed to keep her G&T cold in these conditions?