As featured in Bay Area Bites, February 4, 2009 One look at Socola Chocolatier’s whimsical mascot, a flying white alpaca named Harriet, and you just know that this won’t be your typical gourmet chocolate. No, Socola Chocolatier is anything but typical. The promising, Oakland-based enterprise is young, exciting, and full of modern day sass. "Delicately Daring” is quite the perfect motto sister entrepreneurs Wendy and Susan Lieu have chosen for their business. This Valentine’s Day, when the market crowds over with cliché tokens of love, surprise your (guy, girl, self) with something witty, something sexy, something Socola.
******************Note: The Valentine’s Day Offering can be pre-ordered online. Online orders must be placed by Friday, February 6th, 2009 to ensure receipt by the 14th .
Chocolates can also be purchased at:
- Alameda Natural Grocery Store 1650 Park St. #L Alameda, Ca
- Daily Delectables 3249 Grand Ave. Oakland, Ca
- (Whole Foods in early March)
Socola Chocolatier’s Valentine’s Day offering is an assorted box of 12 chocolates ($25) featuring playful flavors like:
- Cupid's Coffee Fix: because all that love stuff can wear a cherub out -- sultry Vietnamese espresso ganache with rich condensed milk, topped with French chicory grounds
- Chambord Shimmie: a pretty little number -- dark chocolate ganache with a hint of raspberry liqueur, blushed ready to shine in her pink glimmer
- Give It To Me Guava: unapologetically bold -- dark chocolate ganache kissed with a tender guava reduction
- Matchmaker Matcha: a sweet match made in heaven -- creamy white chocolate truffles infused with green tea matcha, subtly seductive.