This recipe has all the makings of a staple:
- Make Ahead
This bean salad is so delicious you'll forget that it's good for you. Best of all, it gets better as it sits so let it marinate a day or even two before eating. Awesome with tortilla chips, or as a healthy side dish.
- 16 oz can black beans
- 16 oz can pinto beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Give the beans a quick rinse in a strainer. Finely chop the peppers and onion -- I like it really fine, like confetti.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustards, garlic powder, salt, and Tabasco.
- Pour the dressing over the beans, peppers, and onions. You could eat it right away, but this is best when it has had time to marinate (at least 24 hours in the refrigerator). Give it a good toss before serving.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
Do you have a staple make-ahead dish you love? And more importantly, have you found your perfect shade of red lipstick?