High Five Fridays: Weekly Meal Plan (7.20.12)featured
“What is the meaning of life?”
“The chicken or the egg?”
“Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?”
There are a lot of perplexing questions in the world, but none keep me tossing and turning late at night as often as this dreaded question:
“WHAT’S FOR DINNER?”
With a little planning ahead though, you can always have an answer.
Ever since I started personal cooking, I’ve been forced to get my cooking schedule organized. I prepare weekly meals for my clients, so oftentimes the dishes I make for them are the dishes we’ll eat at home too.
Taking the guesswork out of what to make for the week has been a huge time saver, and now I only have to ponder that Question That Shall Not Be Named once a week instead of five.
So, that’s the inspiration behind this series, High Five Fridays! Every Friday, I’ll post 5 recipe ideas to help get your weekly meal plan together — four dinners and one treat.
Because you gotta treat yo self.
Here is what’s on tap for this week:
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Beets, Brown Butter, Toasted Walnuts & Boursin. Wholesome, delicious, and shockingly red.
- Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls. Light yet satisfying. Perfect for summertime.
- Balsamic Glazed Turkey and Veggie Meatloaf. A staple in my house. Leftovers make great sandwiches.
- Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean & Goat Cheese Enchiladas. Love this summery fresh take on enchiladas.
- TREAT YO SELF: Hello, Whiskey Lemonade with Honey Simple Syrup. We’re going to be good friends.
Are you as excited about this as I am?! Now you can spend all that saved time tackling more pressing questions like:
“When did Anna Paquin get so lucky?”
“Should I cut my own bangs?”
“Bright yellow nail polish. Yay or Nay?”
What do you plan to make this week?
Mississippi Caviar: Bean Salad