It’s time to put your game face on, the main event is less than a week away!
- Parker House Rolls. The sight of these literally stopped me in my tracks. That golden buttery sheen, those flecks of Maldon sea salt — dinner rolls never looked so heavenly.
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin. I have made this so many times since I discovered it on Denise’s blog. It is SO good, it never fails to wow anyone who tastes it. With a winning combo of crispy bacon, caramelized shallot, cream and parmesan, this dish is perfect really for any time of year, but especially on Thanksgiving.
- Mashed Potato Casserole with Sour Cream and Chives. On a big day like Turkey Day, you want to prepare as much in advance as possible. This dish is the perfect solution to taking care of those mashed potatoes ahead of time. The bread crumb topping is a really nice touch (to make a really killer version, use sliced bread with crusts cut off, and just tear the bread into small pieces).
- Pancetta-Sage Turkey with Gravy. This turkey is slathered with a heavenly butter compote made of pancetta, garlic, parm, shallot, sage and rosemary. I just don’t see how this could not be phenomenal.
- TREAT YO SELF: Banana Cream Pie with Chocolate Ganache and Salted Caramel Sauce. Yes, this is as ridiculously delicious as it sounds. It is definitely a more involved recipe that requires a lot of steps, but if you plan ahead and make the components ahead of time, it’s not too painful. And one bite will confirm that it was well worth it.
Help the Food Bank provide enough food for holiday meals for more than 30,000 families in need, including a whole chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables, rice and a dessert — all the fixings for a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal. Please give generously, and make sure everyone in our community has a heartwarming meal on Thanksgiving Day and throughout the year.
Have a lovely weekend, friends!