For my at-home remake version, I opted to roast the Brussels sprouts rather than fry them. A tip on separating the leaves -- I found that the easiest way to do so was to keep trimming the bottom stem as I peeled away the layers. This was the most time consuming part, but once it is done, the rest is a breeze. Top the roasted Brussels sprout chips with some lemon zest and parmigiano, and this is one addictive snack! Salty, crispy, flavorful, and best of all, a healthy dose of vegetables 🙂
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Wash Brussels sprouts. Trim the bottom stems and discard. Remove any wilted outer leaves and discard.
- Cut each sprout in half. Remove loose leaves. Combine halves and leaves in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet with the halved sides facing down.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until outside of the Brussels sprouts are golden and crisp.
- Top with lemon zest and grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!