Well, since we’re recovering from Thanksgiving feastivities this week, I thought it would be an apropos time to get some ruffage into the diet…you know, before we start drowning in eggnog and stop breathing under an avalanche of holiday cookies. You feel me?
Super Salads, work your magic!
- Kale Caesar Salad. No super salad list would be complete without superfood #1: Kale. This is one of my favorites, featuring fresh ribbons of raw Tuscan kale coated in a salty, garlicky, lemony dressing. Yum yum.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Hazelnut and Pomegranate Seed Salad. This beauty is from Yotam Ottolenghi’s new cookbook, Jerusalem. Like all of Ottolenghi’s food, it is vibrant and interesting with pops of color, flavor, and texture.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts. Rustic, hearty, and simple. I’m looking forward to trying this Brussels sprouts salad. Walnuts seem like wonderful pairing here.
- Salade NiÃ§oise. For some reason I always forget about this one, and then I kick myself for not remembering it sooner. I love the flavor combos of tuna NiÃ§oise and it’s so full of goodies – potatoes, beets, green beans, olives, radishes, eggs – that it easily makes a filling and satisfying meal. For a luxe spin, I’ll try subbing in rare seared tuna in place of canned.
- TREAT YO SELF: Sweet Potato with Maple-Oat Crumble. Who says you can’t be good and treat yo self at the same time? Warm, roasted sweet potato topped with an easy crumble of oats, almonds, maple syrup, and cinnamon. This sounds like the perfect guilt-free treat.