- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. chorizo (I actually used Trader Joe’s chicken chorizo which worked really well)
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage (removed from casings)
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp curry powder (or garam masala if you have it)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 large egg yolks
- Lightly caramelize onion over moderately low heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- While onions are cooling, stir together breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and let stand until crumbs absorb milk. Add onions and remaining ingredients to crumb mixture and stir with a fork until blended well.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Form sausage mixture into 3-inch patties (about 1/2 inch thick) with dampened hands and arrange on a wax-paper lined tray.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook patties in 3 batches, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per batch.
- Drain patties briefly on paper towels as cooked, then transfer to shallow baking pan and keep warm, covered with foil, in oven while cooking remaining batches.
Sausage patties can be formed (but not cooked) 1 day ahead and chilled, covered with plastic wrap.
Recipe Source: LickMySpoon.com.
Hello! All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
ADDRESSThe Tasting Room